Oncology Technician – Harlow, Essex
February 25, 2020
Lead Oncology Technician – Harlow, Essex
Permanent – 40 hours per week – (11:00am – 19:30pm) Monday – Friday
Salary range £18,000 – £27,500
This role is an essential part in the Dispensing Units dispensing process. The person who holds this position will provide effective support to the Dispensing Unit team, Patient Services Oncology team and Central Pharmacy team to enable safe and effective dispensing of medication in low and high tech therapies predominantly dispensing intravenous and oral chemotherapy doses and supportive medications.
- Dispensing medication to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Provide pharmacy advice to other business units.
- Liaise with Operations team and Transport to ensure urgent deliveries can be made to patients at short notice.
- Record all near misses as required
- Assist with the recording and reporting of adverse drug reactions
- To carry out audits as required by the senior pharmacy team
- Possess a NVQ Level 3
- Experience of working within an oncology team
- Dispensing experience
- Working knowledge of GPhC guidelines
About Lloyds Pharmacy Clinical Homecare
Part of McKesson, a leading healthcare company, we strive to break boundaries, challenge the status quo and support the changing healthcare industry. We are one of the most experienced providers of clinical homecare in the UK, and have been supporting patients in this way since 1975. With services ranging from straightforward delivery of medication to specialist nursing for complex conditions, we support a huge variety of patient needs. We can also offer many different opportunities for career development and progression, not just within Lloyds Pharmacy Clinical Homecare but throughout the wider McKesson network, which includes 1,700 community pharmacies across the UK as well as other pharmacy services in hospitals, mental health facilities and prisons.